12 Scriptures for 2012
I believe its the year of the Word of the God and God of the Word. It is a time when the office of the teacher (Ephesians 4:11) or the teaching gift of the Holy Spirit (Romans 12:7) will be re-emphasized in the body of Christ. It is a time when a convergence of the School of the Word and the School of the Spirit takes place. That is why I released a Bible reading program at the first of the year. It's ever too late to participate!
With this conviction in mind, I went to prayer and asked the Lord for scriptures for 2012. To my delight, I felt the Holy Spirit highlight the following 12 Scriptures for 2012 and Beyond all with the address of 20:12, 10:12, 12:12 or 12:20. I hope you enjoy this innovative way of gleaning from the Word of God.
1. Exodus 20:12 – Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the Lord your God gives you. We must cultivate a culture of HONOR! Everyone wins and the Supernatural flows freely in such an atmosphere!
2. Proverbs 20:12 – The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made both of them. Communion with God including a greater diversity in the prophetic will be welcomed as there is an increase in both the Seer and Hearer anointing.
3. Ezekiel 20:12 – Also I gave them my Sabbaths to be a sign between Me and them, that they might know that I am the Lord who sanctifies them. The Holy Spirit is emphasizing REST! It will be a tool of healing for many. Some will be called into a time of "sabbatical rest", extended vacations and celebrating the Sabbath.
4. Job 12:12 – Wisdom is with aged men, with long life is understanding. The Spirit of Wisdom (Isaiah 11:1 – 3) and the gift of the Word of Wisdom (I Cor. 12:8) will be emphasized as part of the solution for the times we are moving into.
5. Zechariah 12:10 – I will pour out on the House of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and supplication so that they will look on Me whom they have pierced; and they will mourn for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him like the bitter weeping over a firstborn. There will be more global prayer that will arise for the nation of Israel in 2012 than any previous year in church history. This is all in preparations for regional conflicts in the Middle East that could come forth in 2013 and beyond.
6. Matthew 12:20 – A battered reed He will not break off, and a smoldering wick He will not put out, until He leads justice to victory. Discouraged people will find fresh hope and the justice movement will come into greater maturity and impact.
7. Luke 12:12 – For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that hour what you ought to say. Spontaneous leadings of the Holy Spirit will be released to many. Dependency on the “now voice” is a necessity. The Holy Spirit will manifest Himself as our teacher.
8. John 20:12 – …and she saw two angels in white sitting, one at the head and one at the feet, where the body of Jesus had been lying. There is an increase of angelic activity in the Seer realm of discerning of spirits. People who have never seen angels will have angelic encounters.
9. Acts 20:12 – …they took away the boy alive, and were greatly comforted. The revival of the resurrection of the dead will spring forth. It will not be limited to “third world countries” but will escalate globally.
10. Romans 12:12 – …rejoicing in hope, persevering in tribulation, devoted to prayer. The message of the hour is HOPE! The call is to “Never Give Up!” There will be a return in the local church to the call to intercession.
11. I Corinthians 12:12 – For even as the body is one and yet has many members, and all the members of the body, though they are many; are one body, so also is Christ. This is the chapter for the year! It is time for body ministry once again. As the five-fold ministry gifts are restored, the “saint's movement” will now pick up steam. Time for every member to function in the gifts of the Holy Spirit!
12. 2 Corinthians 12:12 – The signs of a true apostle were performed among you with all perseverance, by signs and wonders and miracles. I am excited about this verse! It is the culminating verse the Lord has directed me towards. True apostles performing signs and wonders walking in character are now on the scene.
Praise the Lord for the Year of the Word and the God of the Word merging. Let the fullness of the convergence of the ages– along with the graces of the past be brought forward into our now for such a time as this. I trust these 12 Scriptures for 2012 and Beyond will be a blessing to you!
With Great Expectations!
James W. Goll