Monday, April 2, 2012

THE FATHER’S LOVE MEDITATION

As you slowly and prayerfully read this out loud – listen to your very words. Everything you are now reading is straight from Scripture, straight from the heart of Papa God. It is a brief enumeration of the overwhelming evidence of Papa God’s love for you.

You, the one whose hairs are all numbered. The one whose thoughts are all known before you even think them and whose life was carefully considered before your birth. The one whom the Father thinks about more times each day than there are grains of sand on the seashore. You… are His favorite.

“How do I love thee?” He says. “Let me count the ways.” The Word of God is His love letter to you. If you imagine God the Father as distant, angry, even abusive, let Him change your mind about His goodness. Let Him convince you.

My Child…

I know when you sit down and when you rise up. Psalm 139:2 Even the very hairs on your head are numbered. Matthew 10:29-31

I knew you even before you were conceived. Jeremiah 1:4-5 I knit you together in your mother’s womb. Psalm 139:13

I am not distant and angry, but am the complete expression of love. 1 John 4:16 And it is my desire to lavish my love on you. 1 John 3:1

My plan for your future has always been filled with hope. Jeremiah 29:11 My thoughts toward you are countless as the sand on the seashore. Psalm 139:17-18

And I want to show you great and marvelous things. Jeremiah 33:3 If you seek me with all your heart, you will find me. Deuteronomy 4:29

Delight in me and I will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4 For it is I who gave you those desires. Philippians 2:13

I am also the Father who comforts you in all your troubles. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 When you are brokenhearted, I am close to you. Psalm 34:18

I am your Father, and I love even as I love My Son, Jesus. John 17:23 For in Jesus, My love for you revealed. John 17:26

He is the exact representation of My being. Hebrews 1:3 He came to demonstrate that I am for you, not against you. Romans 8:31

Jesus died so that you and I could be reconciled. 2 Corinthians 5:18-19 His death was the ultimate expression of my love for you. 1 John 4:10

I gave up everything I loved that I might gain your love. Romans 8:31-32 If you receive the gift of my Son, Jesus, you receive me. 1 John 2:23

Come home and I’ll throw the biggest party heaven has ever seen. Luke 15:7 I am waiting for you. Luke 15:11-32

Love, Your Dad, Almighty God
(The following has been inspired by the writings of Neil Anderson and Andy Reese and adapted in my book Deliverance from Darkness.)

Share with your friends!


2 comments:

  1. I love the message of Papa's love, it is and always will be the best news for every generation.

    ReplyDelete