Thursday, March 15, 2012

Rediscovering Life After Tragedy


Greetings in the Great Name of Jesus!

I have had the desire to compose something short yet close to my heart concerning incidents in my recent journey of life. I am learning a ton about the heart, brain functions, emotions, and how to push the restart button. Remember, all things are possible in Christ Jesus! Everyday is the first day of your new life!

Most of you know my recent history of the loss of my dear wife, Michal Ann, on September 15th, 2008 and then my decade long battle with non-hodgkins lymphoma cancer in three different locations. Cancer is a beast! But that part of the battle is over and now I am rebuilding my immune system that became depleted thru the process. That is another story for another time.

What I want to convey is some tips I am learning about REDISCOVERING LIFE AFTER TRAGEDY! So here are some short thoughts:

God is Good All the Time – No Matter What Comes Your Way! You got to really nail this one down really well or you will not move forward – you will get stuck in regret and remorse and be a parked car with only yesterday’s memories. God is Good period!

All Things Work Together for Good for Those Who Love God. I did not say all things are good or that God caused everything. But when you bring it all to HIM He will take the mess and forge it together for your and His GOOD!

God is the Source of Our Life Yes, I know you know this – but do you really know this? Take the tragedy or crisis in your life and get in God’s Face! He gives life and He never puts out a smoldering wick! God is your source of life! He was before and He is not finished with you yet!

Worship God with Your Questions Questions will remain. Though we “see through a mirror dimly, one day we will see face to face.” Frankly, I am not looking for all my questions to be answered on this side. Yep, you heard me. I am learning to “trust the Lord with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding.” Yes, grieve. Yes, emote. But eventually, you cannot live in the past. In the midst of it all – I am learning a huge key – Worship God with Your Questions!

Avoid Downward Spirals! One dot leads to the next dot or thought. Every memory has a stored emotion with it. But you must learn to “catch the little foxes that spoil the vine.” This all deals with good mental health. If you are not careful, you will fall into the trap of a victim mind set and end up in a downward spiral that leads to quick sand where you get swallowed up with old stained emotions. Learn the path that leads you downward. Catch the little foxes at the beginning of the trail. Stop. Pause. Tell yourself you are not going there. Put back on your helmet of Hope of Salvation!

Tell Your Heart to Beat Again! Disappointments hit us all. Your heart is one of the most amazing organs in the entire human body. You have to speak to your heart and tell it is beat again! You have to stuff the words of life of the Bible back into your mind and heart again. Watch over your heart for out of it flows the issues of life. Tell Your Heart it Has Another Chance in Life! Tell it to Beat Again!

What Are Your Passions in Life? Go on an adventure. Before this tragedy or crisis – you enjoyed life. What brought life to you? I rediscovered that before I was ever a married, before I was ever a preacher or prophet or intercessor – I was a singer. Singing brings great joy to my soul. I feel the most inspired, the most “life” when I sing. So guess what? I am going to make my first singing CD! Why? Cause it will bring impact to many? Sure! But in all reality, I am committed to doing this because it is “life to me”. I am going to sing again! Yes, Inspiration with James W. Goll and Friends!

There’s a lot more to share. But those are seven quick little ideas I am learning of Rediscovering Life after Tragedy! Hey world, I got another life to live! I am here for a purpose! Yes, God is good all the time and His mercies are new every morning!

Sincerely,

James W. Goll




7 comments:

  1. Thank you! so much for sharing this.God is indeed so good to give you a second chance at life is the best one could ever ask for.God bless you:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. I have been divorced for almost ten years. The pain of being alone after 23 years, facing the deployment of my son to Iraq twice during this time, the changes in health, jobs, etc., led to some difficult sessions with God. But He has proven more than faithful. I think I too will sing since that was a love of mine once upon a time. Again, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you James for sharing your heart. I have discovered these same truths on my journey of healing. My husband has been with the Lord since March of 2006. At first I thought my life would never be the same but in truth God has healed all the wounds & given me in new awesome life in Him. God bless you on your journey of healing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting this...rich wisdom, truth, and encouragment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very excited for you. I know that you and your loving wife became one and in many ways still a big part of who you are but God developed you with such wonderful gifts and there would be a huge hole not only in our hearts but in the Kingdom if you stopped leading. You touched my life with those gifts and opened up a whole new door to or level of understanding of worship. Grow beloved brother,grow and let us follow!!Sing and dance and rejoice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thank God for you bro James. We do truly need more role models of Hope as we get deeper into the end times. In Revelations 13 and 14, clearly it says "This calls for patient endurance and faithfulness on the part of the saints.." - certainly HOPE is needed to endure right to the end. Blessings, Christina, Singapore

    ReplyDelete