Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Honoring Our Veterans


“Give preference to one another in honor.” Romans 12: 12

This Monday, May 28, in the United States of America, is celebrated as Memorial Day. It is a legal holiday set aside to honor our veterans of war.  I am grateful for this day in our national history. This day holds fond memories in my growing up.

My father, Wayne Goll, as a veteran of WWII serving in the Army in various stations across the U. S. Michal Ann’s dad, Davis Hamilton, also served in the military and received a bronze star for his work in the tank brigade that liberated France from Nazi invasion. Thank the Lord for all the brave souls who have fought for the freedoms we easily take for granted.

In growing up, my dad always made sure that the American Flag flew outside our house on such holidays to make a statement that he was proud to be a citizen of this nation. My parents were active in the American Legion and Auxiliary and active patriots. Their actions set an example of not taking for granted the liberties we so enjoy in this God blessed land.

Though I never fought on any military battlefield, I just missed the Vietnam War by an inch, I am so grateful for all those men and women who sacrificed their time, their health and many their very lives for the sake of the common good. As for me and my house, I want to say THANK YOU!

To all you veterans of recent wars fought on foreign soil, I want to tip my hat and let it be known that I am grateful for your acts of courage. God Bless You and your families and God Bless the United States of America!

Sincerely,

Dr. James W. Goll

No comments:

Post a Comment